Phrasal Verbs with Live with example sentences and meanings – Help you learn important uses of preposition and adverbs and also it help you speak and write correct English.
|To behave in such a way that some past embarrassment, or failure is forgotten|
|Why has he spent his life trying to live down for his father’s reputation?|
|To regard something/somebody as the aim of one’s life|
|My father lives for me.|
|1. To continue to live or exist|
2. To have something as one’s food
3. To live on something for financial support.
|1. Quaid e Azam is dead but his music lives on.|
2. King’s dream lives on 10 years after her death.
3. Sara can literally live on fish tacos.
|1. To do in reality what one thinks about, believes|
2. To spend the rest of one’s life
|1. Ali is not hopeful to live out his dreams.|
2. She wants to live out her days alone.
|To experience something and survive it|
|The soldier Jane lived through both World Wars.|
|Live up to|
|To behave as expected|
|I will fail to live up to my parent.|
|To accept and tolerate something|
|Noor had to live with that situation without any complaint.|
|To become or make something lively|
|They should add some games to liven up night party.|