Written instructions are meant to make our lives easier. They are supposed to give us guidance and help us achieve a task on our own, without anyone’s assistance. Written instructions come in many shapes and forms. A manual that comes with an appliance helps us set up the good and gives us instructions on its maintenance; a booklet that comes with a board game instructs us about rules for playing it; a science book may contain instructions on carrying out an experiment safely; a cookbook may contain instructions for following a recipe and cooking something correctly. so in this article we will learn how to write product instruction with examples. So let’s get started.
Basic tips to Write product Instruction:
However, there are a few pointers that must be remembered before writing instructions:
- Instructions must be stated in points or lists so they are easier to read and follow.
- Instructions must be stated in a chronological sequence.
- If parts, tools, or ingredients are required to put together a product or a food item, then they should be mentioned at the beginning of the instructions.
- Instructions must be expressed in precise, brief, simple, clear, and crisp sentences.
- Instructions must be written in a language that is easy to understand.
- Instructions should be supported with diagrams, photos, or illustrations wherever and whenever possible.
- The use of ‘imperatives’ (explained in detail in Part I of this book) is encouraged when writing instructions as much as possible.
- Most instructions are written in the present tense.
- Personal opinions and views should be completely avoided when writing instructions.
The following are instructions for setting up an aquarium.
Read and observe how the above-explained points are incorporated into it.
Aquarium Supreme Instruction Manual
Congratulations on purchasing Aquarium Supreme-Model N–436 (36″ x 36″ x 27″).
You should find the following items enclosed in the box:
- Place the stand at your desired location and put the tank on top of it.
- Make sure the aquarium is placed in a position that is away from heat and sunlight.
- Take out gravel, decorations, and plants and place them at the base of the tank.
- Clip the mechanical water filter at the back of the tank and plug it in.
- Attach the thermometer at the front of the tank.
- Fill the tank with clean water to a height of 22″.
- Make sure that the water temperature is between 24°C to 27°C.
- Release the fish of your choice into the water.
- Clip the lights inside the top cover.
- Put the top cover on the tank.
- Run the filter every day to keep the water clean and healthy for the fish.
- Change 40% of the water in the tank every week.
- Feed fish only the feed that is available at certified pet stores.
- Use the given net to clean the tank or to take out fish that seem sick.
- Do not put your hands inside the aquarium.