Phrasal Verbs with let with example sentences and meanings – Help you learn important uses of preposition and adverbs and also it help you speak and write correct English.
|Sara can rely on him; he’ll never let her down.|
|Lower or deflate any bucket, plane, balloon|
|Stop! The mad will let down a rope so that you can come up.|
|Allow to come into a place|
|Let myself in!|
|1. To punishment lightly or no punishment at all.|
2. To allow not to do something.
3. To fire a gun etc.
|1. The teacher gave let off with only reprimand.|
2. Why have they been let off office today, as them boss is sick?
3. Please let off some fireworks to celebrate the event.
|Reveal a secret|
|Will you let on about this? It must remain a secret.|
|1. Release, allow to leave a place|
2. Make a loud sound
3. To make a garment looser
4. Give on rent
|1. She didn’t let the cat out.|
2. She should let out a scream.
3. This pent is too tight. I’ll have to let it out.
4. My father lets out rooms to servant.