Phrasal Verbs with let with example sentences and meanings – Help you learn important uses of preposition and adverbs and also it help you speak and write correct English.
|Sara can rely on him; he’ll never let her down.|
|Lower or deflate any bucket, plane, balloon|
|Stop! The mad will let down a rope so that you can come up.|
|Allow to come into a place|
|Let myself in!|
|1. To punishment lightly or no punishment at all.
2. To allow not to do something.
3. To fire a gun etc.
|1. The teacher gave let off with only reprimand.
2. Why have they been let off office today, as them boss is sick?
3. Please let off some fireworks to celebrate the event.
|Reveal a secret|
|Will you let on about this? It must remain a secret.|
|1. Release, allow to leave a place
2. Make a loud sound
3. To make a garment looser
4. Give on rent
|1. She didn’t let the cat out.
2. She should let out a scream.
3. This pent is too tight. I’ll have to let it out.
4. My father lets out rooms to servant.